Carefully sourced and backed by science
We use only the best ingredients, and we’ve honed down our formula to the absolute essentials. In other words, we don't use any ingredients except the ones listed here on this page. Rather than including extra stuff your skin doesn’t like (like added fragrances), Soteri Skin products only use ingredients skin loves. Read on to learn more!
Ingredients by function:
Skin Barrier Renewal
- Skin-mimicking ceramide complex that includes: ceramides (Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP), Cholesterol, and free fatty acids (Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate hydrolyzes on your skin to free fatty acid and lactic acid, which is AHA)
- Niacinamide - Also known as vitamin B3 or nicotinamide it stimulates cell turnover
- Phytosphingosine - It is a precursor to ceramides. It also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
Citric Acid - It is alpha hydroxy acid or AHA that lowers your skin pH and stimulates barrier renewal. It also attracts water molecules and provides moisturizing benefits. Lastly, and most importantly, citric acid has been shown to have a therapeutic effect on eczema and skin barrier functioning because it can inhibit the bacterial enzymes that break down ceramides and weaken the skin barrier.
Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Microbial:
- Sunflower Seed Oil (Organic Helianthus Annuus Oil) - Virgin sunflower seed oil contains a high concentration of linoleic acid that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory activity. It has also been shown to enhance skin cell proliferation.
- Coconut Oil (Organic Cocos Nucifera Oil) - Virgin coconut oil contains a high concentration of lauric acid and monolaurin; both are known for their antimicrobial benefits.
- Shea butter (Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter) - In addition to its emollient properties, shea butter contains many antioxidants (triterpenes, tocopherol (Vit E), phenols, and sterols) which have anti-inflammatory effects.
Colloidal Oatmeal (Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour) - Colloidal oatmeal has been used for centuries to treat skin conditions such as rashes, erythema, burns, itching, and eczema. It has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Amino Acids - Like hyaluronic acid, attract and bind water molecules to keep your skin hydrated. These are smaller molecules that penetrate deeper and enhance your skin’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) for serious hydration that mimics what your skin would naturally produce!
- Glycerin - A small molecule that binds water and further helps with hydration.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) - is a polysaccharide that attracts water molecules and hydrates your skin.
Xanthan Gum - Xanthan Gum is a polysaccharide. It attracts water molecules and hydrates your skin. It is also a stabilizing agent that stabilizes the formulation.
Emollients and Emulsifiers
- Cetearyl Alcohol - Safe and widely used emulsifier to keep the formulation stable.
Ceteareth-20 - Safe and widely used emulsifier to keep the formulation stable.
- 1,2-hexanediol - non-sensitizing preservative and moisturizing agent.
- 1,2-octanediol - non-sensitizing preservative with emollient and moisturizing properties.